Can you schedule posts on LinkedIn? Yes! It’s in fact quite simple to do– and there’s a couple of methods to go about it.
Keep reading to learn how to set up LinkedIn posts so that you can plan your LinkedIn marketing method ahead of time, produce your LinkedIn posts and business page updates when it suits you, and schedule them to post at the time when your audience is probably to engage.
Reward: Download a complimentary guide that reveals the 11 strategies Hootsuite’s social media team used to grow their LinkedIn audience from 0 to 278,000 followers.
How to set up posts on LinkedIn
In November 2022, LinkedIn began rolling out a simple native scheduling tool.
To arrange a post on LinkedIn, follow these steps:
Action 1. Sign in to your LinkedIn account and begin developing a post
Type out your broem, add hashtags, consist of a photo or link … you know the drill. Develop a post the same method you usually would.
Action 2. Click the clock icon in the bottom right corner of the post editor
The scheduling icon is best beside the Post button.
3. Select a day and time for your post
to go live Then, click Next. 3. Hit the Arrange button You will have
a possibility to evaluate your post before you do. That’s it! How to see and edit arranged posts on LinkedIn This part is a bit difficult. To view your set up posts, you have to go to the post developer and hit that clock icon. There, below the dropdown menus where you would choose the time and
day for your post to go live, click View all arranged posts. You can delete scheduled posts or change the publication time utilizing the clock and garbage can icons in
the top right corner.< img src="https://blog.hootsuite.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/LinkedIn-scheduler-3.png" alt=" LinkedIn scheduler: seeing set up posts "width=" 564 "height= "312"/ > Note that you currently can’t modify scheduled posts on LinkedIn(however you can in Hootsuite– more on that below). How to set up LinkedIn posts with Hootsuite If you’re looking for a more robust tool to manage your LinkedIn marketing, Hootsuite is the way to go. With Hootsuite, you can schedule all your social posts in one location– that consists of LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, and YouTube. Plus, you get tailored recommendations for the best times to publish to optimize reach and engagement, and you can easily track your efficiency.
Here’s how to schedule LinkedIn posts in Hootsuite:
Step 1. Include your LinkedIn account to your Hootsuite dashboard
First up, you need to connect Hootsuite and LinkedIn. Keep in mind that you can include both LinkedIn profiles and LinkedIn pages to your Hootsuite account.
You only require to do this once. Next time you want to schedule Connected in posts, you can skip ahead to step 2.
- Open a new web browser window and log out of your LinkedIn account.
- In the Hootsuite control panel, click your profile picture (My profile), then click Manage accounts and teams.
- Click + Private account. If you have a Group, Company, or
- Business account, click Manage, then Add a social media. Then, select LinkedIn. In the pop-up window, sign in to your LinkedIn account and click Permit to
connect the account to Hootsuite. Select the pages and/or profile you wish to add to Hootsuite and click Done. Your LinkedIn account
- is now connected to Hootsuite, and you’re all set to begin scheduling. Step 2. Make up and arrange a LinkedIn post From the Hootsuite dashboard, click Create, then select Post. Under Publish to, choose your LinkedIn page or profile
- . Then get in the material of your post: text, links, images, and so on. When you enjoy with the preview, click Set up for later on, then get in the date
and time at which you desire your post to release. Click Done and then Arrange to queue up the post. Suggestion: This is what the LinkedIn scheduling tool appears like in a totally free Hootsuite account. With a Specialist, Team, Service, or Enterprise account, this stage will be a little different. You’ll see suggested times to post in the scheduling box, instead of needing to choose your time manually. Obviously, you can always choose your time by hand if that’s what you choose. That’s it! Your LinkedIn post is
now arranged and will go live at the time you chose. How to see and modify set up LinkedIn posts in Hootsuite When you’ve scheduled your LinkedIn material, you have
a couple of options if you wish to view them or make modifications. Option 1: List view in the Hootsuite dashboard When you added your LinkedIn account to Hootsuite, it automatically created a brand-new LinkedIn Board. By default, this board includes 2 streams: My Updates, which reveals material you have currently posted Set up, which shows a list of all the material you have actually set up to publish to LinkedIn, in addition to the upcoming publishing time for each To modify any of your scheduled posts, including the scheduled posting time, just click the pencil icon at the bottom of
the post. If you want to delete the post altogether, click the three dots at the bottom right, then click Delete. Choice 2: Calendar view in Hootsuite Coordinator For a more comprehensive view of your scheduled LinkedIn posts, including how they fit into your general
social networks publishing schedule, use the Hootsuite Organizer
. From the Hootsuite dashboard, click the Publisher icon and choose the Organizer tab at the top.< img src="https://blog.hootsuite.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/schedule-linkedin-posts-10-620x373.png"alt=" Hootsuite coordinator "width="620"height ="373"/ > Select the Week
- or Month view and use the arrows or the date selection box to move through your material calendar.
You will see all of your scheduled content for all of your social media accounts. If you wish to see only your LinkedIn posts, click Social Accounts on top left of the screen and select the LinkedIn pages( s)and/or profile you want to view
- , then click Apply. Click any post to modify it, including changing the scheduled time or deleting the post entirely. You can likewise choose to move the post to drafts if you decide you’re not prepared to dedicate to it yet but you desire
to save it for later. Here’s a quick video with more info about how to utilize Hootsuite Publisher:
How to arrange numerous LinkedIn posts at the same time
With the Hootsuite Bulk Author (offered in paid plans), you can schedule up to 350 posts at the exact same time. These posts can be divided in between your LinkedIn profile and LinkedIn pages (and your other social accounts).
Step 1. Prepare your bulk post file From the Hootsuite dashboard, go to Publisher and then click the Material tab in the leading menu. Click Bulk Author under Material Sources.
- Click Download example. This will provide a standard CSV design template you can utilize to input the material of your bulk posts.
- Open the file in a spreadsheet program, preferably Google Sheets.
- Enter the scheduled date and time of your post in Column A, the text of your post in Column B, and an optional link in Column C.
Action 2. Upload your bulk post file
- From the Hootsuite control panel, go to Publisher and after that click the Material tab in the leading menu. Click Bulk Composer under Material Sources.
- Click Select submit to publish, choose your file, and click Open. Select the LinkedIn profile or page you wish to post to and click Evaluation posts.
- Correct any flagged mistakes and click Arrange all posts.
For more details, take a look at our full post on using the Hootsuite bulk composer.
3 suggestions for scheduling LinkedIn posts
1. Set up at the correct time to increase engagement
Hootsuite’s research reveals the best time to publish on LinkedIn is 9:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. However simply that’s an average. The precise right time to publish for your audience will differ based on location, demographics, and other elements.
As we mentioned above, Hootsuite’s Finest Time to Post feature can show you the best time to set up posts on LinkedIn for your particular audience. You’ll see suggestions right in the scheduling box, however you can also dive into Hootsuite Analytics for more specific scheduling data.
- From the Hootsuite dashboard, click Analytics, then Finest time to publish.
- Choose the LinkedIn page or profile you wish to examine. You can see suggestions for the very best time to schedule your posts based on different goals:
- Increase engagement: Pages and profiles
- Drive traffic: Pages and profiles
- Build awareness: Pages only
You’ll see a heat map showing when your LinkedIn posts have actually performed finest for the picked goal. You can point to any square to see the typical response to your posts for that offered day and time.
Pursue complimentary You can also utilize LinkedIn Analytics to learn more about your LinkedIn fans, which can provide you some insight into when they are probably to be online. 2. Know when to pause your LinkedIn posts Arranging LinkedIn posts ahead of time is an excellent method to save time while maintaining a constant LinkedIn existence. However, this is not a situation where you can just set it and forget it.
We live and operate in a fast-moving world, and it’s important to be familiar with significant news occasions, trends, and prospective crises that could affect your scheduled posts or make pre-created material unsuitable. (Pointer: Social listening is a great way to stay on top of the zeitgeist.)
We have actually currently spoken about how you can edit, reschedule, or erase specific set up LinkedIn posts, but in some scenarios, it may be best to stop briefly all scheduled material.
- From the Hootsuite control panel, click your profile picture to go to My profile, then click Manage accounts and groups.
- Select the company for which you wish to stop briefly content. Enter a factor that will make good sense to the relevant teams, then click Suspend.
- In Publisher, all posts will be marked with a Suspended yellow alert and will not release at their arranged time.
3. Promote and target arranged LinkedIn posts Whatever we have actually spoken about so far focuses on scheduling natural LinkedIn posts. But you can use the very same actions to create arranged LinkedIn sponsored posts for your business page. You’ll still get the advised times to publish, so you can maximize your LinkedIn ad spending plan.
- Establish your post following the actions in the first area of this blog post. In Author, check package beside Promote this post.
- Select the LinkedIn Page advertisement account to promote your post. If you don’t see the ad account, make sure you have marketer consents for that account in LinkedIn Campaign Manager.
- When you’re happy with your post sneak peek, click Set up for later and choose among the advised times or go into a time manually.
For more information on all the targeting and budget choices when scheduling a sponsored LinkedIn post, have a look at our total tutorial.
Use Hootsuite to set up LinkedIn posts at the very best time, react to comments, track rivals, and step efficiency– all from the same control panel you utilize to handle your presence on other social networks platforms. Start your complimentary trial today.