Twitter has actually been evaluating Twitter Notes, a nifty feature that lets authors publish long-form material straight on the platform.
Yup– users might no longer require to upload a screenshot of text or create extraordinarily long Twitter threads if they want to say something a bit longer than 280 characters.
Keep reading to find out more about Twitter Notes’ possible and how it accumulates to alternatives like TwitLonger and Twitter threads.
Reward: Download the free 30-day strategy to grow your Twitter following quickly, a daily workbook that will assist you develop a Twitter marketing routine and track your growth, so you can show your manager real results after one month.
What are Twitter Notes?
Twitter Notes are a way to produce long-form content and articles on Twitter. Unlike regular Tweets, which are limited to 280 characters, Notes can be approximately 2,500 words long. Think of them as blog posts you can share directly on Twitter without linking out to a different website.
Notes consist of all the important functions of a blog post, consisting of titles, header images and ingrained media.
Notes are also:
- Shareable. Notes are published with a distinct URL, so your reader can view them even if they do not have Twitter or aren’t visited.
- Public. Notes are constantly public, even if the author has chosen to secure their tweets.
- Editable. Notes are editable even after publication. If you do choose to edit your Note, an Edited tag will appear on the Note.
Once released, you can share your Note to your profile utilizing a Twitter card. The card consists of a sneak peek link and any extra text you wish to add. Here’s an example of what that appears like.
For Black Music Month, I discussed going to among Prince’s last programs. https://t.co/7OE13YQ1IK
— Gem Wicker (@jewelwickershow) June 30, 2022
When you click the card, it opens the Note within the Twitter app.
People can’t reply or communicate with Notes,
however they can with the Twitter card. Why can’t I see or develop Twitter Notes? Presently, only a choose variety of users can create Notes. You’ll see a tab called Write with a note pad icon in your menu if you do have access to Twitter’s longform feature. When you click it, you can modify drafts, create new Notes,
and view published Notes. Not all Twitter users will be able to gain access to released Notes. The function is being checked on users from Canada, Ghana, the UK, and the United States. If you are located in a nation where Notes are being checked, it’s simple to discover them. Otherwise, you may not have the ability to write or view Notes.
To see an account’s Notes, you can just browse to the Notes tab on their profile. (However this just works on the web, not the app).
How to use Twitter Notes are still in the testing stage, so if the feature does roll out to the general public, it might look a bit various than it does presently
. Currently, here are the directions for developing and publishing Notes:
- Open your Twitter account.
- Select the Write tab from your menu.
- Pick Write to produce a brand-new Note.
- A blog site author tool opens where you can include a title, text, images, and other media like GIFs or tweets.
- Click Release when you’re ready to share your Note with the world.
- Select if you wish to Tweet the Note to your timeline or copy the link to share.
- Select Publish.
- Depending on what you chose in Action 6, your Note gets published on your Timeline, or you have an awesome link to share it anywhere on the Web.
If you’re more of a visual individual, then check out Twitter’s GIF on the process.
We’re testing a way to write longer on Twitter. pic.twitter.com/SnrS4Q6toX
— Twitter Write (@TwitterWrite) June 22, 2022
How to share Twitter Notes
Sharing Twitter Notes resembles sharing routine tweets. Notes are shared on the author’s timeline, so you can retweet and quote tweet cards from there.
Here’s how to share a Note from a tweet:
- Navigate to the Twitter card.
- Select the Share icon (Located next to the Like icon).
- Choose Copy link to Tweet or Send by means of Direct Message.
If you wish to share straight from a Note reading view, here’s how you can share it:
- Navigate to the Note.
- Select the More icon (3 horizontal dots) on the top right corner.
- Choose Share through Tweet or Copy link to Note to share in other places.
It’s likewise not essential to have a Twitter account to read Notes, so it makes it simple to share beyond Twitter. Simply keep in mind that the Note might not show up to viewers in some countries.
Alternatives to Twitter Notes
Till Notes rolls out to the masses, lots of users need to discover alternative methods to share long-form material on Twitter.
While a link to an external platform is an easy service, you may want to think about options that will let the user remain on Twitter.
Here are a couple of Notes options to consider.
When 280 characters won’t do, lots of users select to create several tweets under one thread. Threaded tweets appear in consecutive order, making them important for storytelling, sharing real-time updates, and supplying additional context.
There are two ways to create a Twitter thread. You can either release each tweet one at a time or publish all the tweets at the same time.
If your thread relies on real-time announcements (like if you’re covering a live event), then you may wish to publish tweets individually. However if you’re looking to publish a fully-formed thread, it’s probably best to release it all at the same time.
Here’s how to develop a thread one tweet at a time:
- Open Twitter.
- Tap the plus icon (on mobile) or start typing in the “What’s taking place?” prompt at the top of your timeline (on desktop) to make up the very first tweet.
- Select Tweet to release. Navigate to the tweet and choose Reply to add additional tweets.
And here’s how to produce and publish your thread at one time:
- Open Twitter.
- Tap the plus icon (on mobile) or start typing in the “What’s taking place?” timely at the top of your timeline (on desktop) to compose the first tweet.
- Instead of tapping the Tweet button, choose the plus sign icon. On mobile, it’s at the bottom right of your screen. On desktop, it’s just to the left of the Tweet button.
- Include your extra tweets. Tap Tweet All to release your
- total thread. TwitLonger As one of the most popular
social media platforms, Twitter’s an obvious choice if you wish to promote a piece of composing. But how do you share long-form content if threads will not cut it and you don’t have access to Twitter Notes? Many content creators choose to link to other blogging platforms like Medium, however some select sites like TwitLonger. This no-frills platform lets users write posts and then share them on Twitter. There are some drawbacks to utilizing TwitLonger. The posts don’t have text format, and
you can’t publish images or other media formats. It’s created for simpleness, so you can’t do much with it besides releasing words. TwitLonger may be a great option if you don’t have a blog and require to compose the periodic
long-form material for Twitter. This post was made on TwitLonger. Great deals of individuals ask how it works, so the simplest way is to reveal you how …(cont
)http://t.co/jltkGfIBKF– TwitLonger(@twitlonger) June 1, 2014 Here’s how to utilize TwitLonger: Browse to the TwitLonger website and log into your Twitter account. After logging in, you’re required to the brand-new post page
- . Compose your post. Select Post It to release. The first 100 characters of your post are
- released to your timeline, along with a link to check out the rest.
- Frequently Asked Questions about Twitter Notes Who can compose
- Twitter Notes? Twitter Notes are currently in testing, so only a few select users can
. Twitter has chosen a small group of authors to check out the feature and supply feedback. Depending upon the test results, Twitter may alter some elements before launching Notes to the general public. Why can’t I see Notes on Twitter? You might not have the ability to see Notes on Twitter if you are not situated in among the nations checking the Notes function
. Notes are only available to users in Canada, Ghana, the UK, and the United States. You can’t compose or see Notes if you lie outside of those countries. When will more people have the ability to write Notes? More people having the ability to write Notes is on the Twitter agenda. According to a Note from Twitter
,”We’re thrilled for the moment when everybody can utilize Notes, however for now, our focus is on building it right. “There is no specific timeline on when more individuals will be able to compose Notes, but Twitter plans to broaden the function at some time. Who can read Notes on Twitter? Anyone can read Notes on Twitter
. It’s not required to be logged into your Twitter account or perhaps have an account. Notes are offered unique URLs which can be shared across the Web
even if the author has their personal privacy settings set to personal. What is a Note card on Twitter? A Note card on Twitter refers to a tweet promoting a Note. When you release a note, you have the alternative to share it in a tweet on your timeline. If you pick this choice, it will produce a Twitter card with a link to
your Note. You can also consist of extra text in your tweet to expand on what your Note is about. Is it possible to modify a Note after it’s been published? Unlike tweets, it IS possible to modify a Note after it’s been released. Readers will see an Edited tag appear above your Note for transparency. To edit your Note, go to the writing author tool, select the Note, and after that make your edits. Save
time by utilizing Hootsuite to manage your Twitter existence along with your other social channels. You can run contests, share videos, schedule posts, and monitor your efforts– all from one practical control panel! Attempt it totally free today. Start